You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘farmers market’ tag.
The Lake Cochrane Farmers Market has been having a successful summer, but the leaves will soon begin to change and the summer will be no more. You still have a few weekends left to purchase the home grown goodies, but make sure you get them before it is too late!
This Saturday, a wide variety of products are being sold. They include:
- sweetcorn (yes, it is that time of year!!!)
- green and yellow beans
- a variety of whole grain bread
- caramell rolls
- red potatoes
- apricot and chokecherry jam
I don’t know about you, but some of those items sound mighty tastey to me! Take a Saturday drive around the lake and stop by the Lake Cochrane Farmers Market! Once again it is located in an area of the Shady Beach parking lot and is open most of the morning. Get your goodies while the gettin’ is still good!
When driving around the county, do you ever come across an elaborate garden and think to yourself, “Wow, I’d really love some of those potatoes and beans!” Well, now you have the chance to purchase products from your neighbors: the local farmers, gardeners, bakers, etc.
Saturday, June 27th, the GRAND OPENING of the Lake Cochrane Farmers Market is taking place. Vendors will be set up from 8-11 AM in the Shady Beach Parking Lot. Items of all kinds will be sold throughout the summer, but this Saturday a few of the highlights include fresh produce (greens, lettuces, spinach, etc.), breads, handwoven rugs, mug rugs, and much more!
The Farmers Market will be open every Saturday from 8-11am from now until the end of September! Each Saturday a few different products will be introduced to the market, but the traditional favorites should still be on hand and available to you.
Many of you out there may realize you have something to add to the market, and that can be taken care of very easily! There are only a few things you need to know first.
- The fee to become a vendor is $3 per market or $30 for the entire summer. If you are interested in becoming a Farmers Market vendor this summer, please contact Mary Nosbush at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you can’t make it a few Saturdays, you may send a representative in your place to sell your products. If this is the case, you will need to fill out a special form that you can get from Mary Nosbush.
Don’t live in regret knowing you went to Hy-Vee when fresh products were available only a few miles away.
Buy Fresh. Buy Local. Visit the Lake Cochrane Farmers Market!
~Post written by Angela Kjenstad