You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘young families’ tag.
Well despite the snow, ice, and more ice… we had a great turnout for the young families meeting and lots of good things discussed!
The group looked at how we can make the community more “family friendly” in a variety of areas, including recreation, safety, and other family friendly places.
· Year-round recreational opportunities for all ages
· “Hang out” for high school kids
· Promotion & better usage of existing recreational assets
· Bike & walking trails (to ball parks and fields, and to Clear Lake)
· Park improvements including shade at the pool & playgrounds
· Recreational development at Clear Lake including: Frisbee golf, ice skating, sand volleyball, improved playground equipment, and a concessions facility
· Safe transportation routes including walking and recreational paths
· Safe & friendly downtown areas
· Slower traffic & pedestrian safety on main street
· Alternative traffic routes during community celebrations including rodeo, parades & hot dog days
Other Family Friendly Places
· Movie theater
· Ice cream shop
· Coffee / internet café
· Family friendly restaurants
· Family activity nights